How Do I Frame A Jigsaw Puzzle Without Glue?
1. Assemble puzzle on cardboard.
2. Flip the puzzle so the back is facing up.
3. Carefully place the tape across the puzzle going across rows so that the entire back of the puzzle is covered. Trim to size.
4. Place in frame and hang.
If you would like to glue your puzzle, CLICK HERE.
Framing a puzzle with glue. Tips from a pro.
What is the best way to glue a jigsaw Puzzle?
Supplies for Gluing a Jigsaw Puzzle:
Paper or Parchment
Rolling pin (Optional)
Paintbrush or foam brush
1. Cut Wax Paper on a smoothe surface six inches larger than your finished puzzle size.
2. Place the puzzle face up on the wax paper and flatten the pieces down as you go. A rolling pin is recommended.
3. Apply puzzle glue or modge podge evenly and at the same thickness for an even coating. TIP: Too much glue may cause the puzzle to curl.
4. WAIT 24 hours before framing.
For more detailed instructions please click HERE.
If you aren't a fan of gluing your puzzle you can check out my NO GLUE FRAMING METHOD HERE.
How Do I Make Glue used to glue a Puzzle?
Making glue to seal a puzzle is a great project that you can do with your children and it's super simple, inexpensive, and fun. Here are a few recipes that will seal your puzzle without having to go out and purchase puzzle glue.
Making Basic Paste Out Of Flour
1. In a small pot, add wheat-flour to cold water, mixing to a consistency of pancake batter (not too thick, not too thin).
2. Over low heat, stir the mixture consistently until boiling.
3. Continue stirring continuously for 3 minutes.
4. Place mixture in an airtight container. Do not place the lid on until the mixture has cooled a bit.
If you find your glue is too thick, simply add some warm water and mix well.
Making Milk And Vinegar Glue
So simple you won't ever buy glue again.
1. In a small cup, mix together a 1/2 cup of milk (warm works best) and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
2. Stir the mixture until it is well blended. Let stand for 3 minutes.
3. Place mixture in a coffee filter to get rid of excess liquid.
4. Pull out lumps from filter (this is the good stuff) and mix with 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
Spread on puzzle, let dry, frame your masterpiece!